Hello all! I am finally able to sit down and write a little bit about my first week here. It has been a busy but good week. The pic is of Josh, Bethany and I our last night in Newton...
I arrived on Monday afternoon and was greeted by Pam where we walked together to the baggage claim to get luggage. My eight boxes arrived....but most did not arrive fully closed. I had a bit of a problem with the boxes being too flimsy and boxes ripping open. But, I don't think anything is missing so that's alright! Got into my apartment Monday night and CRASHED hard at about 7. Word of advice, try to stay up, don't "test" your bed out :) I fell asleep and was wide awake at 11 pm. Thank you tylenol PM for getting me through the rest of the night.
Tuesday through Friday was orientation. This included hospital physicals, tours, lectures, etc. We got to costco finally on Friday afternoon and I got some much needed essentials. On Saturday my new friend, Colleen, and I went down to the neighborhood and I got some nice korean china. We were both very impressed with how they treated us at the china store. Once they saw we were actually buying things we felt like celebrities because they were SO nice to us. They even hailed our cab for us. I felt like a movie star.
On Saturday night we went to a traditional Korean theatre where we saw so many neat things like drumming, dancing, head spinning things. Before the show started we paid 5,000 won (less than 5 dollars) and dressed up in traditional hanbok. If anyone comes to visit, we will be sure to make this theatre a stop!
This morning we went to Full Gospel church which is supposedly the largest church in the world with 830,000 members. It was overwhelming! We had to listen to the translator on the headphones and hear the pastor talking Korean in the background. Too much! I'm glad I went to say I went, but I won't be back.
My apartment is almost unpacked and put away so I will definitely post pics once that is up! Did I miss anything? Any questions?

No comments:
Post a Comment