Thursday, August 12, 2010

Countdown in less than 5 days...

Let me first say that moving to a different country and getting ready for the new school year is a bit difficult... or maybe the better word would be... overwhelming. It's hard to remember to get your school stuff ready when your still focused on getting the apartment ready and realizing that you just moved halfway around the world. I miss my cat (and I guess my family and friends too but they aren't as cuddley and soft).

Went to E-Mart yesterday for the first time with Colleen and Tish (Colleen's penpal from the school). We had a blast! 9 floors of Korean target! We started at the top with a little dinner and then proceeded down the escalators with our carts. It wasn't even as crowded as Costco was last week. It was a little crowded when we got to the third floor and the grocery part of the store started. I got some sushi from there and ate it for dinner tonight, it was decent! I didn't know everything I ate, so if you can tell me, maybe you'll get a prize.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of the cute fish soy sauce bottles that came with the sushi


In other news, I finally got my apartment almost done! I only have a box going the school and a box going to the dump to get rid of! WHOO HOO. Two weeks later....or almost two weeks. Ha, it is a good feeling. Now, I can more properly focus on school. Enjoy my apartment! Love you all!

K













5 comments:

  1. Kristin!!! Love the apartment....love even more that there's a quilt in there!!!

    Not sure if you are anywhere near Osan Air Force Base, but possible my son will be heading there in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin the apartment looks awesome...just need to get some art on the walls! You better be allowed to hang stuff...otherwise do it and fill in the holes before you leave!

    Hope you are enjoying yourself.
    ~jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, Very nice apartment and the decorating looks great. I agree with Penny seeing the quilt in there is a good feeling expecially since i made it!!!! LOL Next you should post pictures of your deck?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen,
    I'm so glad you are settling in. You can handle "overwhelming," you've already proven that. One of the new art teachers just moved into an apartment in downtown Marshalltown, and your apartment is bigger. I think that's funny, since the USA tends to do things big.

    I love your bedroom, it looks very peaceful! Let me know if you need anything! You are going to shine, I just know it!!!
    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete