Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Goodbyes

I'll be leaving in four days! Holy cow. Tonight, I was entertained by my pastors family, the Lorees. Excellent fajitas! On the way home I got to thinking about all the goodbyes I have said so far. I've already said goodbye to my parents, grandparents, sister, a few friends, the Lorees and the church. Oddly enough, it doesn't feel like goodbye. First off, I know I will see them again. Secondly, I don't think it has really sunk in all the way. This happens to me every time I leave to go somewhere for a long time. I don't get emotional because I am overwhelmed with emotions or things don't sink in until later. I guess we will see what happens when I get there. When I did foreign exchange in Japan I got homesick the day after I got there. I didn't want to be homesick, it was an involuntary thing. I was SO excited to be there but every time someone talked to me, I had to fight back tears and the huge lump in my throat. It was miserable...for THREE DAYS! Let's hope this doesn't happen again, ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen! I hope you have had safe travels and are settling in. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Take care! Theresa Siegert

    ReplyDelete