Today was crazy. I woke up at 3:45 (AM) to drive my dad to the airport and say goodbye until next summer. He was going to DC for a small business trip. Usually his trips involved flying to Switzerland, India or someplace crazy so DC is definitely a small trip for him. He will be flying back into Minneapolis to meet my mom and little sister for a trip to South Africa. So, it was my second goodbye. The first goodbyes were on Friday when I had to say goodbye to my two lovely Minnesota gals, Justine and Alaina. Of course, I cried. Not really sure why because we don't get to see each other that much but I think it is a small testimony to how much I appreciate and love their friendship (even if we are miles away from each other and only see each other a few times a year). Second goodbye there were no tears, at least not in front of my dad. I think it was too early for it.
I got home and slept for a little while longer before having to wake up and take my cat to the vet. I thought she had a bladder infection because she has been trying to pee in inappropriate places and sits in her littler box for minutes on end and can't pee. They kept her all day until they got a sample and then said she had no infection! They think she's stressed and depressed about my packing and my grandparents being gone. So, I get to shove an anti-depressant pill down her throat twice a day now. I don't really agree with giving animals behavior modification pills but if it helps her not pee on my stuff, that's great.
I ran to Des Moines for a few things today and then spent the rest of the day sewing my moms purse I promised I'd make her. When I brought it to her, she was stressed because she is leaving tomorrow for 2 1/2 weeks to South Africa and I am stressed in general. The combination wasn't good and I ended up with my first official implosion on the way home. The stress has finally gotten to me. I don't think it's so much the packing things up but the stress of having to get rid of so much stuff too. Little things like throwing away extra toiletries that have been collected through the years, cleaning the fridge out and figuring out which one nalgene bottle I'm going to take with me. Stupid stuff that feels overwhelming. That, and I found out American Airlines, which is my ride to Chicago, only allows 3 excess bags to be checked in. So, if they won't let me bring anything else I'm probably going to have to drive to Chicago instead of flying. Good thing is a good friend of mine is moving to Chicago the day before I need to leave so I can just catch a ride and put my stuff in the back of her moving van. (divine intervention??!?)
I need peace, strength and motivation right now. I pray that God will make this part of my moving experience as easy as he has made everything else. Good night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment