In a way I felt like this trip was a preview or test of my upcoming move to Korea. It has been awhile since I have been outside of the country. I forgot what my persona is in a different country. Of course I am in desperate need of some alone time away from the group (who wouldn't be? It's nothing personal...) but the trip reminded me that I do great in other countries and that being in Korea will be a piece of cake. It was hard to be the minority but that is something that I will just have to get used to. A redhead in a sea of Koreans is going to stick out like a sore thumb. I think it will be a humbling experience. I still need to tell me story of how I got to this place in my life but I think that will be better explained with a real computer and not my smartphone. My thumbs are getting tired.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Less than a month!
I have plenty of time to kill right now while I am waiting for my plane in Denver. I just spent the week with the church building a house for a deserving family in Tijuana. This family gave their land and money to their church and subsequently lived in a one bedroom house with plywood walls and a dirt floor. We used their land and built a two story house with electricity, concrete floors and drywalled walls. Christian or not, the feeling of giving so much to a family is very overwhelming. The father was crying during his speech to the group and his face gave me all the satisfaction that I could ever want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment